Employment: Nursery Worker
WPC is in search of a reliable and experienced person to care for children (birth through 5 years) in a church setting on Sunday mornings.
Role and Responsibilities:
- Responsible for age-appropriate care which may include (but not limited too):
feeding, changing diapers, putting children down for naps, holding, sitting with and talking with children, cheerfully interacting with children through games, stories, crafts and play.
- Maintaining a safe and warm environment, including proper supervision of all children at all times.
- Be polite, friendly, and courteous to all children, parents, and volunteers.
- Arrive 15 minutes prior to start of event when childcare is needed.
- Arrive on time for child care on Sunday mornings:
- 10:30 am on Sundays during the school year.
- 10:30 am on Sundays during the summer.
- Stay until all children are secured with the adult who dropped them off, or who is listed on the child’s registration form.
- Straighten room and clean any used toys/beds before leaving.
- Attend an evaluation meeting after 90 days and 6 months for the first year of employment and annually every year thereafter.
- Must be available for to work holidays that fall on Sunday and may be asked to work additional hours during busy times, such as Christmas Eve, lent, and other special events.
- Abide by the childcare policies and classroom expectations.
- Report to the Education Committee Chair, who will conduct job performance appraisals every year.
- Communicate in advance, by phone, to the Childcare Supervisor any absences, following procedure:
- Planned absences must be given two weeks ahead of time.
- In the case of last-minute illness, he or she must contact the Childcare Supervisor by phone at least 1 hour prior to his or her shift so a replacement or volunteer may be found.
- Experienced in the care of children 0-5 years of age with the ability to adapt and interact with a variety of personalities/characteristics.
- 18 years of age or older.
- Must have or be willing to submit to (and pass) background screenings.
- Child Abuse
- Must have current American Heart Association (AHA) or American Red Cross (ARC) CPR training/certification for infants and children, or be willing to complete a CPR course at WPC’s expense.